Cosmetic Dentistry in Farr West, UT
Accepting Patients from Ogden, UT, & Surrounding Areas
Cosmetic dentistry is about more than just a pretty smile. It’s about restoring your confidence to smile and laugh freely every day. Cosmetic dentistry covers a very wide variety of procedures. Some of the most common are tooth whitening, composite dental bonding, and porcelain veneers. You can pick and choose which treatments will give you the ideal smile. Cosmetic dentistry is designed to provide patients with teeth that are spaced, shaped, whitened, and healthy for an attractive smile. Treatment typically focuses on tooth flaws that show when you talk, smile, eat, or laugh. Procedures can involve just one tooth or all visible teeth.
Why Choose Cosmetic Dentistry?
Your smile is one of the first features people notice when they meet you. Some people naturally have great looking teeth, but most of us need a little help to get a smile that makes us look our best. It’s not unusual for patients with flawed teeth to feel embarrassed or self-conscious about their smile. Cosmetic dentistry is designed to help you feel more confident about your appearance. Most treatments are minimally invasive and not too time-consuming.
Some of the Problems Dr. Knight Can Correct:
- Minor chips along the edges of teeth
- Surface cracks that make the enamel look broken
- Gaps between teeth
- Stained enamel or dark dentin (the layer underneath the enamel)
- Teeth that look too short or stubby
- Teeth that are irregularly shaped
- Metal amalgam fillings that show when you smile
- Gum tissue that is uneven or that covers up too much of your teeth.
- Missing teeth (this where cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry overlap)
Who is a Candidate for Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dental treatment works best for patients who have good oral health. The goal of treatment is primarily to improve the appearance of teeth and gums that are already functioning well with little or no decay, disease or damage. Some cosmetic dentistry procedures are not suitable for patients who have extensive dental prosthetics. For example, tooth whitening only works on natural tooth enamel. If you have a porcelain crown on a front tooth and whiten the rest of your teeth, your crown may no longer match the color of the surrounding enamel.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures Overview
Dr. Knight offers many treatments to address a range of dental flaws. Here are some of the most common procedures for making teeth look more attractive:
- Tooth Whitening: Professional tooth whitening can make teeth 2-to-10 shades lighter for a dramatically younger, brighter smile. At-home treatment uses a custom-molded plastic tray and a concentrated peroxide gel. Also offered as an at-home treatment option is professional strength Whitestrips.
- Dental Veneers: Porcelain veneers cover up a wide variety of tooth imperfections. They can be used to close small gaps and conceal crooked, misshapen, discolored, or chipped teeth. Veneers are cemented in place for long-lasting smile improvement.
- Cosmetic Composite Bonding: Tooth-colored resin is a popular option for same-day correction of teeth that are chipped or misshapen. Dental composite can also be used for filling small cavities in front teeth.
- Gum Contouring: This treatment is designed for patients who have an uneven gum line or a “gummy” smile. Removing excess gum tissue can restore attractive proportions to teeth that look stubby. This procedure is performed using laser therapy.
- Dental Restorations: Patients who have cosmetic and structural problems with their teeth may need treatment that is both aesthetic and restorative. This might include porcelain inlays/onlays, crowns or dental implants.
More Information about Cosmetic Dentistry
As you plan your treatment, you should know that the majority of cosmetic procedures are not covered by dental insurance. However, there are options of affordable payment arrangements through CareCredit and all major credit cards that allow you to start enjoying a brighter smile right away. Most cosmetic dentistry treatments require some maintenance over the years. You should plan ahead for the long term costs of keeping your smile in mint condition. You may be able to significantly prolong the lifespan of your cosmetic restorations by practicing good dental hygiene with regular brushing and flossing.
Phone Number: 801.731.3200
Some of the information was taken from Wikipedia